Pletal is a prescription medication used to improve blood flow and circulation in the legs. It is used to treat intermittent claudication, a condition caused by narrowing of the arteries that reduces the amount of oxygen-rich blood flowing to the legs. Pletal is typically prescribed to those with severe symptoms of claudication who are unable to exercise due to pain.
Advantages of Pletal
1. Improves blood flow and circulation in the legs
2. Reduces pain associated with claudication
3. Increases mobility and exercise tolerance
4. May reduce risk of heart attack and stroke
5. Can be used in combination with lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking and exercising regularly
Pletal contains the active ingredient cilostazol, a phosphodiesterase-3 inhibitor. It works by preventing the breakdown of a compound called cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), which helps to relax the muscles in the walls of the arteries. This allows the arteries to widen, improving blood flow and circulation.
Cilostazol is also known as Pletal, Cilostal, Pletalum, and Pletaal.
Overall, Pletal is an effective medication for improving blood flow and circulation in the legs, reducing pain associated with claudication, and increasing mobility and exercise tolerance. It should be used in combination with lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking and exercising regularly, to maximize its effectiveness.